Have just found the TOK Essay titles for 2018. They’re listed below.
1. "Existing classification systems steer the acquisition of new knowledge." Discuss this claim with reference to two areas of knowledge.
2. "Technology provides ever-expanding access to shared knowledge. Therefore, the need to assimilate such knowledge personally is relentlessly diminishing." To what extent do you agree with this statement?
3. Are disputes over knowledge claims within a discipline always resolvable? Answer this question by comparing and contrasting disciplines taken from two areas of knowledge.
4. "Those who have knowledge don’t predict. Those who predict don’t have knowledge" (Lao Tzu). Discuss this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.
5. "Too much relevant knowledge in a field might be a hindrance to the production of knowledge in that field." Discuss this claim with reference to two areas of knowledge.
6. "The importance of establishing incontrovertible facts is overestimated. Most knowledge deals in ambiguity." Discuss this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.